beta This is a new service. Report a problem and help improve it for others.

Apply to close an enquiry

Ask the judge to end a tax enquiry with a closure, counteraction or no-counteraction notice.

This service is not currently available in Welsh, please continue or alternatively apply in Welsh (Cymraeg) using the paper form.

What you will need

  • details of the enquiry including the HMRC reference number and tax years under enquiry

You can also provide further information and supporting documents saying why you think the enquiry should end.

You'll need to complete an authorisation form (PDF, 47KB) (opens in new window) if you want someone to represent you and they are not a practising solicitor or barrister.